Year 12/A-Level Equivalent
The following foundation courses are tailored for those who do not meet the requirements for our Undergraduate Programmes. By successfully completing any of our Foundation Courses, the student will obtain the necessary credentials to pursue any of our Undergraduate Degrees from our Associate Universities.
Choose who, what, where and how you want to study. With your laptop, notebook or smartphone, you can work independently or in groups - in the classroom, your secret quiet place, outdoors in the park or in the company of all your friends.
Foundation in Science
This one-year programme is designed to provide students with a broad exposure to various science subjects, customised to suit individual career goals in specific fields. The curriculum caters to International Educational standards and is split into two Elective Modules:
▪ for students planning on career in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy or allied health science related field
▪ for students planning to further their education in engineering, pure science and social science-related fields.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student will be able to:
1. Apply fundamental knowledge of basic science and mathematics at the foundation level.
2. Conduct basic scientific experiments and perform techniques of mathematical concepts.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and practical skills to function effectively in society.
4. Describe the importance of values, ethics, accountability and professionalism in pursuing their studies.
5. Convey ideas effectively both written and verbal as an individual and in a team.
6. Use knowledge and skills to solve problems related to academic tasks.
7. Explore new knowledge and skills effectively in pursuing higher education as part of lifelong learning.
8. Develop managerial skills in completing team oriented academic tasks.
Students will be exposed to a number of critical areas over 3 semesters and are assessed through a combination of written examinations and assignments.
▪ Biology 1
▪ Chemistry 1
▪ English Language
▪ Study Skills
▪ Introduction to Information Technology
▪ Biology II
▪ Chemistry II
▪ Mathematics I
▪ Physics I
▪ Communicative English
▪ Mathematics II
▪ Physics II
▪ Myanmar Language *